Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Puppy Part Removal


Sorry, I haven’t written in a while. I’ve been a bit under the weather and just not in the mood. I have good days and bad days and more of the later than the former in the last few weeks.

The Dogg is fine but on Wednesday he goes in to the hospital for elective surgery. I have ruminated long and hard over whether he should remain a "Stud" or be made a "Gilding" and finally, "Gilding" has won out. It was not an easy decision. The fact is, J. Edgar has almost no contact with other dogs so the chances of him finding a receptive bitch to impregnate are pretty remote. On the other hand, that may not always be true and I need to have him ready for a more mobile cosmopolitan life style. According to people I trust who should know (My wife Laurie "the Vet") he will live a longer happier life with out the parts they will be removing Wednesday morning. I know, logically it’s the best thing for him. I am certain that if he understood what was about to happen to him, he would kill me in my sleep to avoid it. Were I in the same situation I would do no less.

In any case, wish him luck and a swift recovery.

Uncle Dave

3 Comments:

At August 30, 2006 4:13 PM, Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Your wife is a smart woman.

 
At August 31, 2006 12:20 AM, Blogger Uncle Dave said...

She was, Shed died of Breast Cancer in 1993.

 
At August 31, 2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Have Myelin? said...

I'm very sorry to hear that. :-(

Sherry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home