Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Friday, January 26, 2007


I am sitting here at my computer with J. Edgar Dog’s chin resting on my knee. He is a very happy dog and I am a very happy human. Through a serious of unforeseen circumstances he is better trained, more mellow, much better socialized and in general a more laid back dog. His agoraphobia is gone, he likes going outside, he walks on a leash, he goes up and down stairs, he doesn’t jump up on people and he hasn’t zapped anybody with a stun gun in at least a couple months.

Living at my nephew’s house for two months has done him a world of good.. He had 4 other dogs to play with, a big yard to run in and a 15 month old baby who liked to see how far down his throat he could reach to contend with. He spent most of his days outside and only came in to eat and sleep. He got along fine with the other dogs only chased the cats if they let him and never even scratched the baby. I am very proud of him.

I’m proud to be his pet human.

I’m still getting better. The occupational therapist and physical therapist coming twice a week has helped a lot and I am doing all the exercises as directed on the off days. Still pretty weak but life is much better and the future looks bright.

In the very near future I will once again be moving this Blog, this time to my own web site which is @ http://www.dncramer.com/BLOG/ more info as it becomes available……..

I better go now before all this sunshine and happiness rots my teeth.

Uncle Dave

2 Comments:

At January 27, 2007 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take good care of those teeth!
Good to hear you and J. Edgar are back together again.

 
At January 29, 2007 9:45 AM, Blogger Have Myelin? said...

"I'm proud to be his pet human".... awww! I'll have to borrow that line!

My Golden likes to slip out of his collar too. I use a "dog seat belt harness" to walk him outside. It's a pain to put on but it keeps him secure and he can't slip out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home