Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Jen’s Birthday

You know, I’ve had more visitors in the last couple weeks than I had in the year and a half I have lived here. Of course most of them are Home Health Care personnel. The important thing is they are visitors. They tend to make me work while they are here but that is not a bad thing as I need to get stronger and more coordinated and they are helping with that.

J. Dogg will be coming home this week so I am very excited about that. I’d have him here now but Dale and Jon have been dealing with some sort of stomach flu that I do not want to contract and I will need their help to bring Edgar home.

My shoulders and sternum have been giving me a lot of pain lately but nothing I didn’t expect and all the wounds are healing up nicely. In some ways I am more healthy than I was before all this started. For one thing, I am no longer dealing with constant chest pain from a poorly functioning heart and my stamina is much better than it has been in years. I am still weak from the other ailments I deal with but it is a lot less overwhelming than it has been for for the las few years.

Today is my daughter Jennifer’s birthday. She is….Oh well, you can ask her but suffice it to say her age makes me feel very old.

Happy Birthday Jen!!!

Well, my typing skills are deteriorating so I’ll stop for now.

Cheers,

Uncle Dave

4 Comments:

At January 23, 2007 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are recuperating, David! You had us going for a while there. What some people will do to entice visitors to their abode amazes me...um, er, I mean...you're amazing! Keep up the good work!! Mama and I will continue to send healing thoughts your way.

And a joyous natal day to you, Jen!

>^,,^<
Kate

 
At January 24, 2007 10:19 AM, Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Happy Birthday, Jen!

Glad to hear you're getting stronger and Dogg's coming home soon. You know he wants to come home too.

Wonder if Jon's gonna miss him too much and end up with a Dogg, Jr. somehow.

 
At January 25, 2007 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
I am glad to see that you missed your meeting with the "grim reper". Do the right thing (for a change) and get well

Peter

 
At January 26, 2007 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen -- Happy (belated) birthday!
Hi David -- glad the heart is doing well. Enjoy those visitors.
Our biggest excitement lately is we got a contraption that is a hand-crank flashlight as well as a radio, siren and cell-phone charger, too! Having had an incident last winter where our car died on an Oakland freeway in the rain and dark, and the cell phone went dead in the middle of the call to AAA, we are pleased as punch with a hand-crank cell-phone charger.
Such an exciting life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home