Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hi There


It’s Sunday. I’m up and around and feel pretty much, dare I say it, Normal. I slept from 11:45 pm to 10:30 am and I feel rested. I’m still a bit wobbly on my feet but I do feel notable more secure than I have been.

I miss my puppy. I went over to see him on Thursday and he went crazy. Wiggling his whole body and trying to climb up in my lap. This is a little rough with a very strong 60 lb. animal, but it sure was nice to have him recognize me. Hopefully I will feel strong enough in the near future to bring him home.

I’m eating better and have been keeping what I eat down better than when I first got home but I still feel like I could hurl at the slightest provocation and occasionally do. Now nothing tastes right and nothing really tastes really good so food is not the pleasure it once was. The best tasting food I have had today was two thin slices of multi-grain bread, toasted and buttered with the super healthy butter substitute I am now using in place of butter.

I know I haven’t really said much but I am running out of steam, so bye for now.

Uncle Dave

5 Comments:

At January 14, 2007 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heavens, David -- that picture looks like you're auditioning for a rogue's role in a pirate movie. I'd suggest you try smiling, but that might make it worse. Hope you can bring Edgar home soon.

 
At January 15, 2007 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Dave!

You really had me worried there for a while. Glad you're back home and on the mend, even if it doesn't much feel like it right now.

Hang in there.

Best wishes,
Jerry H.

 
At January 18, 2007 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that picture definitely needed the pirate earring....
Glad you're feeling better. Lots of sleep is good for what ails ya....
Goodnight,
-Kim

 
At January 22, 2007 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David. I found myself telling your smoking-and-motorcycle story today. Thought you'd like to know it still gets told.

 
At January 22, 2007 12:03 PM, Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Hi! Happy you're back!

We have something in common. It's called "Taste Perversion", I've learned. I too, will only eat two pieces of multi-grain bread, toasted and buttered. Mine's caused by medication. Betaseron to be specific. NOTHING tastes right! I did find one other thing to eat. Homemade chicken soup! Complaining about weight loss because you have no fat to inject into sounds absurd.

Sorry I missed your homecoming but I've been sick myself. Pfft.

Glad you got to see your dog!

Smile for the photo? I hate it when people tell me to smile when something hurts. That's when I growl. Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home