Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

OK! 9/11


A couple of people have asked why I didn’t put anything about 9-11 on my blog on 9-11. I think the reason was that everyone else in the world who has access to a forum wrote, produced, plagiarized or copied something about 9-11. Yes it is an important event in the history of our country and it shall go down in the history of the world as a seminal event in world politics. Though indirectly so, from it sprang such acts as the trains of Madrid and the subways of London. But also sprang the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

From the point of view of the instigators of 9-11, I suspect it was a great success. Of course the aftermath went a bit farther than they expected as the war in Afghanistan toppled the one regime in the world that openly backed Osama Bin Laden in his war on the west. However, I suspect, they see the war in Iraq as the United States having built them a grand new playground in which to play at terrorism and in which to push their view of a world dominated by Fundamentalist Islam.

I don’t think we have ever had a president who has played so handily into the hands of our sworn enemies. He may well bankrupt the country with his personal vendetta based on a perceived, unsuccessful wrong done to his father and, by the way, having nothing to do with 9-11. I am morally certain, considering the fact that Bush I stopped the first Iraq war when it had been won, that he would not have backed the second Iraq War had it not been Bush II manufacturing it.

Back in 1992 I voted for Clinton to punish Bush for not killing Saddam Hussein. I was wrong, and history has shown me how wrong. I have no substantial complaints about how Bill Clinton ran the country, however I think we would have been a bit better off had Bush I had a second term. It probably would have prevented Bush II from ever reaching his present office.

Bush II is a tragedy of the democratic process. One man one vote means one stupid man one vote, one smart man one vote. It is the best system out there but it has some disturbing flaws. Do you realize that had there been a requirement that presidential candidates pass an 8th grade world history and geography final that Bush II would not have been allowed to run? I’m not positive that Clinton would have passed either but he would have done a lot better than Bush II. The fact that Al Gore would have gotten an "A" probably wouldn’t have helped his chances of winning.

If I have angered at least half of my readers with this missive, I am successful. If I have made all of them think, I am ecstatic.

Uncle Dave

1 Comments:

At September 14, 2006 4:54 PM, Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Why should you anger your readers for having an opinion? I may disagree with you on some points but I also respect opinions.

What angers me are those who get angry with me for having an opinion when I don't get angry with them for having one.

Oh and another thing that angers me- those who whine and complain but don't vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home