Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Death and Taxes

So, today I got to see some VA doctors down in Birmingham. It was not fun. Seems my heart has a fair amount of dead muscle in it and one side is getting bigger than the other. In case there is any question in your mind, these are bad things. You can’t regenerate muscle and once it is dead, it doesn’t get any better. I have way to many other problems for them to consider a transplant. Because of the heart problem they probably won’t be able to fix the nose problem (I‘m having trouble breathing through my nose) which means I may never get a decent nights sleep again. And the HITS just keep on coming.

My long-term plans just got to be a bit shorter term. No more waiting to do anything. If I can do it now, I will do it NOW! If I can’t do it now I will not count on ever doing it.

I think, I would really like to travel a bit more, I’ve been all over this country many many times but I haven’t stopped to look at it as much as I would like to have. I think I want to go see the Grand Canyon and Devil’s Tower and maybe Mount Rushmore. I want to go spend some time with my kid and feed bread to ducks. I am going to take a lot of pictures but first I want to look at whatever it is I want to take the picture of. I am going to have some unequivocal fun. And right now, I am going to go play with my dog.

Bye for now,

Uncle Dave

3 Comments:

At June 24, 2006 8:11 AM, Blogger Uncle Dave said...

Thank you Child,

I'm already working on it.

Dad

 
At June 24, 2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Well- why not fix the heart so you can fix the nose and take even more pictures?

Then again, I have my fair share of medical problems.

Death and taxes, indeed!

 
At June 25, 2006 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever been to Yellowstone? There's a northern exit called The Golden Gate that's the prettiest view I had ever seen when I saw it.
Let me know if you're going to be coming to the Bay Area.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home