Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Intelligent Design


Sooooo! I think I just figured out a way to tick off both sides of the question.

I believe in Intelligent Design!

I just differ mightily about who the designers were. I think they were not God or Gods, they were just honest hard working terra formers trying to make use of a vast resource of undeveloped planets.

Evolution was part of the design. If they were smart enough to design all this, they were intelligent enough to make it able to improve it’s self. They didn’t build a set of artifacts, they built a self sustaining Eco-system. A system that in my opinion can sustain it’s self through Global Warming, Ice Ages, Earthquakes, Volcanoes and if necessary Nuclear Holocaust.

Change is one of the few things that is truly inevitable. It-Is-Going-to-Happen. These guys had to know that. They would obviously have planned for it.

Whoever they were, I take my hat off to them and I hope I am still around when they come back to take charge of their little science project. (Yes, little, in the grand scheme of things we aren’t that big a planet.) Unfortunately I suspect that’s not going to be the case as I think the oven-timer still has a while to run. At least a couple million more years or until we have learned how NOT to fight with one another and how to work together toward common goals.

But if by some chance I am still around, everybody will be able to tell which one is me, I’ll be the fat guy with the great big "WELCOME BACK" Sign.

Uncle Dave

1 Comments:

At May 15, 2006 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home