Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Monday, November 06, 2006

A Stunning Developement

I think I may have made a mistake today.

It started when J. Edgar Dogg asked politely if he could use my credit card to make a reasonable small purchase on line. I of course asked what it was and how much it cost. He was a little vague about it but said it was electronic and sort of like a remote control. I try very hard not to be judgmental about such things and as it was fairly inexpensive I said yes.

A few hours later I was on the computer and got an e-mail verifying that my order had been shipped. It was for an 80,000-volt stun gun. As you might imagine I was taken aback at this news and immediately thought there had been some sort of mistake made. Not so! This was the "Electronic Control" J. Edgar had ordered. Not wanting to seem overly suspicious but feeling a need for answers, I went looking for J.Dogg. I found him in the rec-room down in the basement shooting pool with one of his friends (A rather nasty pit bull named Jason with a drool problem) I told J/ Edgar I needed clarification on what he had ordered on line. He readily admitted that the e-mail was accurate.

Not wanting to blow things out of proportion I decided to ignore the basic subterfuge he had employed in getting my consent to purchase the item and go straight to what need he had for such a thing. The fog got pretty heavy at this point as first he said such things had always fascinated him and he wanted to see how they worked. He then said it was for personnel protection from the bullies in the neighborhood and finally after several considerably more probing questions from me he admitted he wanted it to help him train the cat. I was as you might think a bit stunned by this last revelation and came back upstairs to consider the ramifications of such a thing. I could swear I heard suppressed giggles coming from the pit bull as I left.

After ruminating on the possible pitfalls of the developing situation for a while I have come to a conclusion. I am pretty sure J. Edgar Dogg is not telling me the truth about his intended use of this item. I say this because first of all, he has never shown any interest in electronic gadgets before, second he is the only bully in the neighborhood and last but not least…we don’t have a cat.

I’ll let you know how things progress.

Uncle Dave

1 Comments:

At November 07, 2006 12:03 AM, Blogger Uncle Dave said...

Just because You didn't go down in the basement and shoot pool when you were here doesn't mean I don't have one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home