Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Sunday, November 05, 2006



OK! OK! I’m still here.

Although I have no particular reason to feel this way, I feel better than I did last week. I find I can get good feelings from unexpected places on occasion. Luckily, many of those occasions are when the Universe has been treating me like a dog treats a fire hydrant.

I think at some point the law of averages makes it my turn to get good news. Or not. If I plan for good news I can let the disappointments pile up on me and I feel like I am the bug, not the windshield. On the other hand, If I plan for the worst, I will most certainly spiral down into the "Great Intergalactic Pit of Despair & Really bad Vibes" which makes Dante’s Inferno look like a Sock Hop. I have been getting glimpses of it lately and it is really a place I do not wish to be. The other alternative is to tread water. Keep paying the bills as much as possible, keep trying to hold the money grubbing VA at arms length and find happiness where I can.

I like to play with my dogg. He likes cheesy puffs, so I buy a big bag (well, they are actually Cheetos) when I get groceries, which I did this past week. I sit at the computer and toss cheesy puffs across the room for J. Edgar Dogg to inspect, nuzzle and gobble down…repeat process. When you put it that way it doesn’t sound nearly so interesting. I do however enjoy the process. He foams at the mouth when he eats them. Looks like a Hydrophobia victim only orange. When he’s had enough he goes and lays down in his create and I go back to playing on the computer. When he wants attention he comes over to me and lays his chin on my thigh just above the knee and looks up at me like a small child seeking his daddy’s love. Of course, he gets it.

One of my stories about J.Dogg got published in the Myositis news letter for this month and one on another subject got published in our local Mensa news letter. I like to see my stuff in print.

I just finished my daily cup of Kona Coffee, it’s really good stuff. It costs about twice as much to have the beans mailed from Hawaii to me (I am a very frugal shopper) as it costs to buy regular beans from the local grocery store but it is worth it. I figure I can afford only one cup a day for now which actually makes it pretty special. It’s one of those things to look forward too.

Ok, I guess I have said enough to convince everyone I am still around so bye for now.

Uncle Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home