Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Stuff



I think J. Edgar Dogg may be sick. He’s really warm and he’s drooling like an 80-year-old dementia patient, but he still has the presence of mind to sink his teeth into my arm just to hear me scream. Ornery little beast, maybe I'll put a shot of Sriracha in his water dish.

I got an e-mail from an old friend today. We worked together (Well Actually I worked for him) in the Navy in the early 70s’. He is going to be on vacation here in Alabama early next month and we are going to meet and talk about old times and what has happened to us in the last 33 years. I guess I have changed a bit since I left the U.S.S. Samuel Gompers in 1973. I mean, I weigh about 80 lbs., more than I did, My hair is a lot thinner then it was, and I am a lot easier to get along with then I was. As significant as they are those probably aren’t the biggest changes in my life. I won’t go into what that means right now, as Tom may be reading this and I want to have something to talk about when he shows up.

My nephew Dale has found me my very own web site so I may be moving this Blog yet again… but not for a while.

Well, it’s late, I think I will go to bed now but at least I wrote something today.

Uncle Dave

5 Comments:

At April 14, 2006 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he teething?

 
At April 14, 2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Uncle Dave said...

No, He has a full set of teeth as witnessed by the cuts on my hands and arms.

 
At April 15, 2006 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea at what age they lose the baby teeth and get new ones, but I am pretty sure they do at some point.

 
At April 15, 2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Uncle Dave said...

What you say makes sense but I have no Idea about when it happens either.

I just did an inspection of his mouth and it looks like he still has all of his baby teeth. This action cost me a medium sized blood donation...

 
At April 15, 2006 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you guys think you could stop talking about me like I'm not here?

That's just rude...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home