Life with Uncle Dave

I’m a crotchety old Man living on Social Security and my wits in a trailer in the woods of Alabama. In this Blog you are likely to find ponderings and complaints about medical treatment in America, Stories about my friends and family, Rants about the economy and lots of stuff about J. Edgar Dogg, my best friend and the dumbest animal in Alabama.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Protection

The following is an Excerpt from an April 11th 2006 News Article.

"PORTLAND, Maine - Spurred by growing evidence of a link between domestic violence and animal abuse, Maine has enacted a first-in-the-nation law that allows judges to include pets in protection orders for spouses and partners leaving abusive relationships.

In helping pets, advocates hope to help battered women and others who aren't willing to abandon their animals to be saved themselves."

OK! What about Us? I no longer have a woman in my life (This is not a complaint, just a statement of fact,) I do however have a dog and upon occasion I need protection.

Where’s the law that says I can get an order of protection from him. When can I get a document telling him that it is not acceptable to gnaw on my hands or jump up on my belly and land claws first or lay my forearm open with his razor like little claws? Of course there is the problem of getting someone or something to read it to him in his native language. No, I haven’t taught him to read yet; (He’s only 5 months old,)

I suppose you could say I should get rid of him, but, as I’m sure many of you know that would be impossible. I love him too much for that and I know he doesn’t mean to hurt me it’s always an accident. (Sound familiar?)

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy for the pets of Maine it’s a good first step, Now if someone could only find a way to teach violent people that an order of protection really means what it says…

I guess the moral of the story is that it wouldn’t do me any good to move to Maine.

Uncle Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home